Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My friend Ralph



 Today has just been one of those days. It's my first day off in over a week. I was super excited to start it off with a good workout and then see a movie and maybe do a little shopping. Well, that did not happen. Instead I ended up spending my afternoon in the veterinary clinic with my dog. Luckily she's fine, just not the day off I imagined.

  And my workout...

So the trainers at my gym got this new workout called "The Dirty Thirty". It's 30 exercises, 30 reps of each in 30 minutes (or as fast as possible). Since at the moment I'm no where close to actually surviving the whole "Dirty Thirty" I did a slight variation, only 15 reps of a majority of the workouts. Now, this may have been ok if a sane individual were doing it. But no, it was me...

 I don't think I have mentioned my competitive problem  before. Well, I am super competitive. Sometimes insanely so. Why? I have no clue. And most of the time it is with the weirdest stuff.  Well, as I was doing my little workout there were 2 trainers also doing the Dirty Thirty. And for whatever reason my mind was all like, "C'MON! YOU ARE JUST AS GOOD AS THEY ARE!!!! GO FASTERRRRRRRR! FASTERRRRR!" These were trainers... They get paid to be in shape! And me... I'm slowly getting in shape. Even though my trainer was telling me that it wasn't a race (my brain ignored this) and I could take me time ("Yeah right!") I did not listen. To make a long story not so long, I ended up having to "Call Ralph" in the middle of my workout. Now, having gone through some truly hellish workouts in my younger days, this was the first time I ever vommed while working out. Now, it was a hard workout and all, but I was not expecting the sudden call from Ralph. It has been a weird day...

On the bright side, I did get a good workout in, even if my competitive edge threw me off course a bit, and I did get to spend some quality time with my pup.


No comments:

Post a Comment