Monday, May 13, 2013

That first half mile...



That first half mile... Man is it a bitch.

If there is anything that keeps me from running it is usually that first half mile. It is terrible. My inner fat girl has plenty to say during that time. "You could be watching tv right now..." "This is no fun, just go home and lay on your comfy couch" or "Do you realize how ridiculous you look running" and "Let's just go eat some ice cream and call it a day."

If the first half mile is so terrible why do I keep running? I ask myself this every run. And the answer is simple: I run for that second half mile, and that second mile, and the third, and the fourth... Once I power past my inner fat girl, excuses, achey feet, and get into that second half mile I hit my groove. I feel like I could run forever. I love hitting my stride. It is one of the best feelings.

So whatever your first half mile may be, power through, the other side is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment