Friday, May 10, 2013

COLOR ME RAD!

 I haven't forgotten about you! Since my 5k on the 27th life and work has be super busy. I've finally gotten a bit of free time to tell you about my first 5k!

It was honestly more fun than I could have hoped for. Everyone was in a fantastic mood, there was music blasting at the starting line and everyone taking pictures. And this was all with not so favorable weather conditions. That morning it was a bit on the cooler side with a 100% chance of rain. It actually did start to rain about half way into the race. The rain made for an interesting mix with the color. By the end of the race I had never been so colorful in my life! It was so much fun!

For my first 5k I am pretty darn proud of myself. My time actually surprised me and was better than I was expecting! And I ran the entire time! Finishing was honestly one of the best feelings in the world! I am all signed up and ready to go for my next Color Me Rad in July. By then I hope to shave at least 5 minutes off my time, if not more! In between that time I hope to find some smaller races to to run as well. Each day I can see and feel the progress I'm making. It's amazing and so worth all the time, sweat, and soreness!


Before the race.

Crossing the finish line!

I came, I ran, I conquered.

The finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment