Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I did not wear the right bra for this...



   When is the last time you did a jumping jack? Me? It was at least 7 years ago, if not more. Well, jumping jacks were on my trainer's list for my monthly evaluation. My first thought when he told me was, "I did not wear the right bra for this." Which made him really nervous and embarrassed. I was half kidding, but my "girls" were not. I was never a member of the itty-bitty-titty-committee, I have always been large and in charge. And those of you out there who are blessed with "a rack" know that you have certain bras for certain activities. I was not wearing my heavy duty, secret service sports bra that is really necessary for jumping activities. After some internal debating on whether I would take BW up on postponing the jumping jacks I thought, "Screw it! Do I really care what anyone in here thinks about my jiggly boobies?" No, I did not care one bit. And it was only a minute's worth of jumping jacks, so right sports bra or not, it wasn't going to kill me...
Ok, so back to the actual jumping jacks. BW asked if I had done jumping jacks, I laugh, "Of course I have!" Then the moment came to do one... And I froze. It was like spelling a really simple word and getting all confused because it doesn't look right. I knew what to do it just seemed all wrong. It was a tad bit embarrassing. Oh well, if my life wasn't embarrassing I would have no good stories to tell you!

As I said it was an evaluation day with my trainer. This time I got to see what my max out weights were. I actually surprised myself quite a bit. Having not formally lifted weights in almost 5 years I was really unsure where I was at. Well, I benched 115 lbs, which is more than I ever did in high school, and squatted 145 lbs! Now that I know where I stand I am excited to beat my record next during next months evaluation!

Now the biggest area of improvement was my plank. On the first day I started 2 months ago I could only hold a plank for 24 seconds. And they were 24 seconds of pure hell.

TODAY I HELD A PLANK FOR 55 SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I more than doubled my plank time! My trainer was super excited! It is so exhilarating finally being able to see and feel real change!

2 comments:

  1. Those are awesome improvements, Emily! Keep up the hard work!

    (Even when it sucks. Because those are the times that it benefits you the most.)

    ReplyDelete