Tuesday, April 16, 2013

One Month Down



Hello again!

It has been a little over a month since I started working out with BW. Yesterday was my reevaluation workout. It wasn't too terrible, considering I had not worked out in a week. The reevaluation also meant  checking my measurements and weight... It was rough when I found out I hadn't lost any weight. But apparently in this stage it's normal not to lose any weight. With some thought and realizing how far I've come this month and how great I feel I'm ok with not losing weight yet, I know I'll get there. And measurement wise, I lost a few inches from my chest and arms and gained an inch or so in my legs. My trainer laughed and said that's exactly what he thought would happen. So apparently all the squats are working!

My first 5k is in 10 days! I'm super pumped! Yesterday BW also showed me some exercises to help my stride while running. Holy hip flexors, these exercises are awkward! Two of the names of the exercises were Clamshell and Fire Hydrant... You don't have to use much imagination to figure them out. So awkward to do in a packed gym. But I can really tell how all of the leg exercises are helping my running. I grew up thinking I was just born a lousy runner. SO NOT TRUE! I may not be the fastest creature on 2 legs, but I'm at the point where running isn't torture!



And from one runner to everyone involved and affected, my thoughts and prayers go out to those in Boston.


No comments:

Post a Comment